What is a cookie ?
A cookie (also called HTTPcookie, web cookie, Internet cookie or browser cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing the internet.
Our website, like many others, stores and retrieves information on your browser using cookies. This information is used to make the site work as you expect it to. It is not personally identifiable to you, but it can be used to give you a more personalised web experience.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, please visit Cookiepedia - all about cookies
List of cookies
CIS Solutions uses three different kinds of “cookies” (small files with information about your configuration). The first type is used to maintain your session if you change pages, the second to protect the integrity of your session and the third to recognize you when you revisit our website or e-shop.
- Server Cookie (expiry: close browser)
- language keep tracks of the language settings;
- currency keep tracks of the currency settings;
- is_mobile keep track you are visiting the site on a mobile device;
- is_touch keep track you are visiting the site using a touch device;
- Session Cookie (expiry: after 20min to 2h)
- PHPSESSID making sure the site functions well. This allows the site to behave faster.
- several Google Analytics Cookies (various validities up to 10 years)
- _utma Google Analytics stored for 730 days;
- _utmb Google Analytics stored for maximum 1 day;
- _utmc Google Analytics depends how long this one is stored;
- _utmz Google Analytics stored for 182 days.
In some cases selected partners may set anonymous Cookies which cannot be used to identify the individual user however.
You can also use our services without Cookies. Most browsers are pre-configured to allow Cookies automatically. You can deactivate Cookies however, or set the browser tp alert you before Cookies are stored. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use ALL website features in case you decline feature related Cookie.